Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding!
We are delighted that you have chosen St John’s to celebrate you special day.
It is now much simpler to get married in a Church of England Church if you can show:-
That one of you:
- has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- was baptised in the parish concerned or
- was prepared for confirmation in the parish or
- has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
- has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or ·has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents or grandparents:
- were married in the parish
And did you know that if you move house, you’re immediately connected to the church there? That means you can marry in the church of your new parish.
Preparing for a wedding can be a very stressful and emotional time. We would like to assure you of our prayers and best wishes as you prepare for your wedding day and your new life together as husband and wife.
We hope that your wedding ceremony will leave you with wonderful memories. Together we can create a beautiful and personal wedding service.
You will be able to meet with the vicar, before your wedding day, for an informal chat. There will also be a wedding rehearsal at which we ‘walk through the wedding service’, rehearsing the vows and the exchanging of rings. You will the be able to picture everything and hopefully not be too nervous on the day.
You can book your wedding at vestry hour every first and third Wednesday of the month at Broadways Coffee Shop, London Road. Please bring your passports and proof of address when you book your wedding. To confirm your preferred date and time we ask you to pay a refundable deposit of £100.00.
Your Wedding Booking Form should prove useful for keeping track of the practicalities.
We have created a Wedding booklet, that should cover most areas of the special event.
If you have any questions, you can get in touch by calling or sending an email, or pop into vestry hour every 1st and 3rd Wednesday, at the Broadways Coffee Shop.
You can also find helpful tips and information by visiting www.yourchurchwedding.org.